Monday, February 2, 2015

Best sandwich ever

Flour has always been a favorite lunch spot for me for their breadth of vegan and non-vegan options.  They recently introduced a sandwich that blew my mind: roasted sweet potato, walnut pesto, green apple, kale, blue cheese (which I omit) on ciabatta (I sub wheat bread and ask them to grill it).  After weeks of having this sandwich for a post-church treat, I decided to make my own.

I found a recipe for walnut pesto and used the leftover sweet potatoes from the Hoppin' John recipe.  I used Ezekial bread.  I used spinach instead of kale because, well, it was closer to the top of the veggie drawer.  And I had made a lot of white bean rosemary dip, as in 3x what I needed for the weekend, so decided to spread some on there.  And then I grilled it on the stovetop like how we made grilled cheese sandwiches when I was a kid: one skillet on the bottom, the other on top to weight it down.

Amazing.  Best sandwich ever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment