Monday, February 2, 2015

Superbowl food!

I love buffalo wings.  I discovered this love at some point during college, which means I missed out on all the tasty buffalo wings to be found in my hometown of Kettering, Ohio, but better late than never.  Then I became vegan.  And now I love vegan buffalo wings, which are a little tougher to come by.

For this year's SuperBowl, I was determined that Tom Brady wanted me to have vegan buffalo wings.  So I bought some vegan chicken nuggets from Whole Foods, a bottle of buffalo sauce, and found myself a recipe for vegan ranch dip.  There's a lot of recipes out there for vegan ranch dip, and they all involve vegan mayonnaise (made from tofu), apple cider vinegar, and not much else.  I had no dill so used cilantro instead.  I later found a recipe involving cashews that I'll have to try next time when I have time to soak the cashews in advanced.  Those nuggets were goooooooood!  I will definitely be getting them again.  Even some of the non-vegetarians at our SuperBowl party pronounced them delicious!

I also made a white bean rosemary hummus, which also turned out well, once I remembered to put the vinegar in (it needs some acidity!)  3 cups of white beans, 1/4 cup of tahini, 1/4 cup veg broth, 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar (i used white balsamic), 2 cloves of garlic mined, and some rosemary.  Great on crackers, baguette, veggies, and especially good as a spread on the sweet potato sandwich I made later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment